Sunday, July 17, 2011
Going to Church
Today I struggle with going to church. I tend to avoid things that make me uncomfortable. I want to go to church to commune with other Christians, but I feel guilty in their presence because I don't go on a regular basis, because I don't tithe, and because I do not contribute to any volunteer work at the church. I tell myself that no matter how I feel that I should go to church anyway, but then I think why should I force myself to go to church? In my belief I don't think God wants us to feel like we have to go to church or to force ourselves to go to church. While I know my feelings of inadequacy are a hurdle I need to over come I still don't think that forcing myself to be uncomfortable is the answer either. Somehow I need to learn how to be comfortable with myself in any situation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the comment!