Pages

Thursday, July 07, 2011

Happy Birthday Nana!

Today was my Nana's 87th birthday. I couldn't do much, but I took the last $2.50 I had (until tomorrow) and bought eggs, jiffy yellow cake mix and jiffy fudge frosting mix. I picked my Nana up from the nursing home and brought her to my house for dinner and cake.

A few family members called, but I was disappointed that not all of her children called her. It's sad that families grow so distant from one another over the years.

The cake tasted very good even if it fell apart when I took it out of the pan. I spread the icing over the broken pieces and tried to put the cake pieces back together. It was rough looking, but it was full of love.

My Nana told me several times how good it tasted!

I wish I could have done more.

She appreciated it and that is what really matters.

Why do I have so much animosity towards the family members that didn't or forgot to call? We had a good time and enjoyed being with one another. Shouldn't that be enough? It should, but I wanted more people to show their appreciation for my Nana. She is a wonderful woman and it upsets me that only 4 of her eight children actually called her.

The cake tasted good and the company was even better. That is was really matters. I love you Nana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!