Truthfully this is not where I would have liked to be in my life at this time. I'm not in a bad place by any means. I am just not where I want to be. Instead of dwelling on it though I am going to do something about it. I am going to start setting some goals that I want to accomplish by my 37th birthday.
1. I have my foot in the door with an awesome company. Training will be over in September and I plan on showing them that I am an expert in my field. I am setting a goal of moving to a full time position by the end of the year.
2. I am also setting a goal of working out in some form or fashion at least once a day.
3. Eating at home instead of going out to eat. Combined with this goal is learning how to cook some new foods.
4. Becoming more involved with my church, Hope Fellowship, by volunteering and serving with them. Also becoming a part of one of their bible study classes.
5. Setting aside some time to read the bible, pray, or just listen to what the Lord is telling me on a daily basis.
6. On a similar note, sitting down with my daughter and working with her to improve her reading and writing skills.
7. Starting a savings account.
I have learned a lot over the past year. My eyes have been opened to see things that they never saw before. I have learned some hard emotional lessons this year, like letting things go instead of dwelling on them, focusing on what is currently going on and not what might happen in the future, and honestly expressing myself to others instead of holding back because I am worried about what their reaction will be.
Sitting here looking back over the past year I begin to think about my grandmother. I am truly grateful to have been able to spend 35 years with her. She always made me feel special to her. I was her Laneybaney.
Well, as the T-Birds in Grease 2 said, "Tonight, we (voice cracks), we bowl!" Going bowling with my family tonight to celebrate. So, Let's Bowl, Let's Bowl, Let's Rock-N-Roll!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the comment!