Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2007

07 Element Singles Conference

Hallelujah! Wow! The first night of the conference was awesome! Chris Hill is amazing!

The church I attend, Covenant Church, in Carrollton, TX is hosting a singles conference this weekend. It started tonight and let me tell you the power of the Lord was upon us! I danced, jumped, and praised Jesus and God like I never had before. It was beautiful!

The conference continues tomorrow and Saturday. I am so excited! If you live in the D/FW Metroplex come and join us! I paid $50 to attend but now it is free!!!!! Has something been keeping you down lately? Give it to the Lord and find his peace within you! Amen!

I, personally, had a addition to cocaine, (I also experimented with other drugs too.), alcohol, and sex. I was brought up a Christian and believed in Jesus Christ, but found myself straying from the path of righteousness because it was too hard for me to be "good". It wasn't cool to be Christian. It was easier to snort a line, get drunk, and screw someone I picked up at a bar.

I got a hint of what would happen to me if I didn't start cleaning up my life when one of my friends died of an Oxycontin overdose. He once told me in one of his drunk, high, stupors that if he died sure people would mourn him for a little while but over time people would forget all about him. Well, Geoffrey Micheal Caldwell, you passed away 6 years ago and I haven't forgotten about you. I love you still today.

You'd think his death would be enough to make me change my "evil" ways, but no. A month later I called 911 on myself. I had just come home from pulling an all nighter and was high on cocaine. I lie in bed looking at the ceiling wondering if each breath would be my last. The paramedics came along with the police. The paramedics said that I was ok. The police said I had two choices I could "volunteer" to come with him or he could arrest me. I "volunteered."

I sat in a psyche ward that morning. I lied to the psychologist and told him it was my first time to get high and I only did it because everyone else did. Took my lies straight from the old after school specials. Would you believe they bought it? I had to call a friend so they knew I was in my right mind and then, get this, they let me walk right out of the building. I was supposed to have someone pick me up, but there was no way in hell I was going to tell anyone other than the one friend I had to call about this. Did I learn from this experience? No.

I finally realized what I was doing to my life when I got a DUI. I was put into jail. What the hell was I doing with my life? After that fateful night I started to gradually get back on the path God had chosen for me.

Oh no, I wasn't all of a sudden perfect. Sex. Sex was still my enemy. A guy that had been crushing on me for awhile finally won me over only to crush me in the end. We dated for a few months and then he accused me of stealing $20 from him. It was over.

We didn't talk for 3 months. Then I found out through the grapevine that he was moving back to his home state. We talked and decided to have one last evening together. Guess where we ended up? Yes, in his bed.

One good thing did happen that night. A child was conceived. A child that changed my life. My Little Miracle.

I quit every bad habit I had cold turkey. No more drugs. No more alcohol. My child, that little infant, brought me back to God's path. God knew that is what I needed. I needed someone to care for as much as God cares for me. Thank you, God!

Where's daddy-o? He didn't care enough to stick around. Good thing too. When I told him I was pregnant he told me that night should have never happened. I guess hind sight is always 20/20.

I, personally, think God was using what I was doing while not his path to get me back on the right path. Do you know what has to happen for an egg & sperm to merge? Holy Cow! No it was no accident. It was a miracle.

This post has been rather lengthy, but I wanted to testify to God's Love. I have another demon to battle these days. Because of my sorted past, I am afraid of the dark. I get up and check the locks on my doors about 5 times after I lie down for bed at night. I sleep with the light on at night because I am consumed with horrid thoughts of what could happen to me as I sleep.

After tonight's sermon I will no longer be afraid of the dark. I will no longer be chained to my demon. Praise God for it is He who dwells in my house. Thank you, Jesus and Lord. Thank you, God.

I am looking forward to the next 3 sermons. God is Awesome! His son, Jesus Christ, and only Jesus Christ, has given me new life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!