Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Way too early

6:20 am Their front doors open they step out onto the shared walk way together. They look into each other's eyes. She takes the stairs first and he follows. He asked her name and what kind of work she does. She asks his name and he...thinks about it for a moment? Um, er, Jose, he tells her.

She shakes his hand and continues on to walk the dog. As she is coming back in from walking the dog Jose is coming back out of his apartment. She asks, you forget something? Yes, his coffee. Then tries to hand her the corner of a piece of paper with his number written on it. He says, call me tonight. Oh! No, thank you and  puts up her hand to say stop. He seems surprised, but not has surprised as she who can't fathom why he would be giving her his number after the brief niceties they exchanged.

Seriously?!? While I should be flattered I am a bit unnerved. Maybe it is because almost every person who lives in that apartment as several migrant workers live there has hit on me. There's no sincerity. I would much rather anyone I randomly meet get to know me for awhile before we exchange numbers.

I will say he has moxy to think that I would give him a call after our brief introduction.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!