Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

The movies will never be the same.

I woke up about 30 mins ago due to disturbing images of my gma's cadaver repeating in my head. I just couldn't shake them. I open FB to find out some lunatic has opened fire at a movie theater in CO?!? This night has really disturbed me to tears, literally.

Heavenly Father, I do not know why these things happen. What lesson can we possibly learn from such travesties? Father, please send the Holy Spirit to comfort the people affected by this shooting. Heal the victims wounds both physically and mentally. Be with them Father, comfort their anguish, and wipe away their tears. Be with the shooter as well Father. I know vengeance is yours Lord. You will decide his fate and I leave my feelings of hatred in your hands father. Guide your sheep to safety, thank you Father. In your son Jesus Christ's name. Amen. 

I ask that you join me in prayer for the people affected by this horrible situation.


I see metal detectors at the movie theaters. Prepare to arrive at your movie an hour ahead of time to go through security. It's a shame.

8/9/12

An update: The day after I wrote this I went to the movies and it didn't even phase me to sit in the theater. I realized this while we were at the theater. My sense of security wasn't breeched. I must admit it bothered me that I wasn't as cautious as I felt I should have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!